Pages


“It's a lot easier to be lost than found. It's the reason we're always searching and rarely discovered--so many locks not enough keys.”
-Sarah Dessen

"Happiness doesn't come from doing what you like, but rather, loving what you do."
-Becca & Scott (JC & AC)


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lines

Author's Note: This piece may be one of the most symbolic pieces I have ever written! Please comment, it would be very much appreciated!



There are lines.
Lines that cover me in mistakes, enclose me in the past.
The lines that make X's over  failures,
Create a life of regret,
Leave me swaying from one side to another.
Lines that shatter my windows, my only outlook to tomorrow.
The lines that demolish any hope ,
Create damage to dreams,
Leave me wishing in the winds of despair.
Lines that weave intricate patterns through the depths of life.
The lines that enhance the meaning of love,
Create confusions in the world they know.
In the world we know.
Lines.
The lines created of demons.

4 comments:

  1. This piece is amazing! I love the depth in it, your voice comes out really well in it too. It definitely uses symbolism and it really makes me think! I adore your writing and you are very talented!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a piece at the Milwaukee Art Museum that perfectly illustrates your ideas...I love the visual you're creating here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love profundity of it all. I would never have thought of lines in such a way . . . It's creative and original just like you!!!

    ReplyDelete