Pages


“It's a lot easier to be lost than found. It's the reason we're always searching and rarely discovered--so many locks not enough keys.”
-Sarah Dessen

"Happiness doesn't come from doing what you like, but rather, loving what you do."
-Becca & Scott (JC & AC)


Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chest of Childhood


A chest of childhood,
Lies in my attic.
Locked up day and night,
To keep it far, far away from the heart.
But every once and a while,
My heart yearns
For that innocence,
And every once and a while,
I seek a crevice to let my heart free.
I climb up the creaking stairs of past,
Turn the knob of the barrier,
And sit.
And sit.
As I inhale the sweet scent of faded wood,
And watch the sun glittering on the floor.
The light dances on the chest,
On the lock.
And I sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment