Pages


“It's a lot easier to be lost than found. It's the reason we're always searching and rarely discovered--so many locks not enough keys.”
-Sarah Dessen

"Happiness doesn't come from doing what you like, but rather, loving what you do."
-Becca & Scott (JC & AC)


Monday, April 23, 2012

Maybe...


I wish someone had told me,
How it was going to be.
Once life had gone,
The same old song,
Maybe I'd have a chance.
Maybe.
I wish someone had told me,
The day sitting under the tree.
All the hurt, all the pain,
The never ending game.
Maybe I'd have a chance.
Maybe.
I wish someone had told me,
That it wasn't going to be alright.
That life isn't perfect.
And neither am I.

Maybe I'd have a chance.
Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Just add this to the list of amazing poems!!!! Great job! :) just maybe.... Make it a little longer next time. I want a story in a poem sometimes. Like the raven! Make one like that for me!! Thanks<333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Anyway, each line of this poem has a purpose... the symbolism isn't as obvious though...
      Thanks for the challenge too, I'll work on that after my DWA pieces!

      Delete