Pages


“It's a lot easier to be lost than found. It's the reason we're always searching and rarely discovered--so many locks not enough keys.”
-Sarah Dessen

"Happiness doesn't come from doing what you like, but rather, loving what you do."
-Becca & Scott (JC & AC)


Sunday, April 1, 2012

Footprints

Author's Note: As a lot of my pieces are, this piece is very symbolic to a phrase. I would like to see what you interpret of this piece... comment!

The day I met you,
You strolled into my house and scattered footprints on the tiles.
Not caring the least,
As I stared at you, laughing at your confidence to be you.
You just smiled,
And questioned why those marks were even left there.
Yet now I know.
After you,
I have welcomed people to my life.
And people have walked,
On the same floor you did, although they were tidy.
Not a single mark,
Was visible on my forever stretching ground.
Now I know why.
And today,
I kneel on the ground that you had walked upon.
Grinning at the past,
And finding the answer to your question.
Those footprints,
Are left on my life because you won't be forgotten.
Those footprints,
Were meant to mark my life.

6 comments:

  1. A loss; not a death though, too happy for that. Possibly a breakup? I'm not really seeing that either. A friend loss, by moving or by just giving up. I feel the emotion, too difficult to write though. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised that you didn't figure it out...
    many people walk in and out of your life but only true friends leave footprints on your heart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have that quote on my bl -- oh...I get it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another really happy piece. i like how you conveyed the message without words or describing it with feelings. I think that the metaphor really translates well into your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow...I meant no DIALOUGE; obviously there are words. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete