Pages


“It's a lot easier to be lost than found. It's the reason we're always searching and rarely discovered--so many locks not enough keys.”
-Sarah Dessen

"Happiness doesn't come from doing what you like, but rather, loving what you do."
-Becca & Scott (JC & AC)


Thursday, April 18, 2013

Deflecting Deceptions

Author's Note: I know that I haven't posted a creative piece in a while, so I decided to write a Stream of Consciousness, and this is how it turned out-- some prose poetry. Feel free to leave constructive feedback and opinions. :)

If I were to tell you to wear a red shirt, you’d wear a green one.

 If you thought that I looked happy, you would ask me “What’s wrong?”

If you saw me start to walk towards you, you’d walk from me.

You and I live in a world of opposites, an expression of life.  I don’t know what ever happened to make us communicate in such ways that deflect the others’ idea, but somehow, somehow, that little bit of craziness makes sense when I’m with you.

Somehow.

That world of opposites, isn’t really opposite as long as we both live in that dimension together. Without you, without me, I would just be a chaotic ball of nothing, but somehow,

somehow,

when we collide, we both aren’t nothing anymore.

 That green shirt looks so much better on you anyway, and really,

when I looked happy, the insides were hurting as surely as heaven. 

Although I walk towards you and you walk away, if you turn the image of yourself upside down, walking from me turns to walking to me. 

Walking from me turns to walking to me. 

3 comments:

  1. This is a really cool piece. While I was reading it I couldn't decide if it was a poem, or creative piece, but defiantly not an essay. I really like how at the end you bring the examples back up to what you talked about in the beginning. I was cool how you added little paragraphs in between your creative examples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay honestly you are such a talented writer! <3 I don't even know what to say about this piece other than I LOVED IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika, I can honestly say that you are the best writer ever! I loved the idea of opposites and turning the picture upside down. It's inspiring and with motivational messages like this one you are sure to win today.

    ReplyDelete