Pages


“It's a lot easier to be lost than found. It's the reason we're always searching and rarely discovered--so many locks not enough keys.”
-Sarah Dessen

"Happiness doesn't come from doing what you like, but rather, loving what you do."
-Becca & Scott (JC & AC)


Monday, March 11, 2013

Her mirror,
A clean slate,
Of crisp reflective pools,
Slanting to her bare yet welcoming walls.

My mirror,
A whiteboard of reminders, notes, and fun,
Hand prints seal the mirror with memories of resting my hand on the surface-- applying stage makeup to my eyes,
Or, perhaps, from tracing my image while singing into a hairspray bottle.

Her bag,
A backpack stuffed orderly with some pens,
Her valued camera(s),
A few paintbrushes.

My bag,
A pink bundle of joy,
Cluttered with my laptop, my vocal book for the latest musical I have pursued,
And my sweat-moistened dance shoes.

Her dreams,

My dreams,

Sit.

Watching us from our mirrors.

Waiting in our bags.



2 comments:

  1. Just an observation: You write a lot of pieces about mirrors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible, Erika! I can only dream of becoming as a good a writer as you are! Everything you write is so amazing, no matter how simple. You are very creative and clever; now I'm starting to realize who this is about. . .

    ReplyDelete